In its four years of existence, the pay-what-you-want Humble Bundle has expanded from indie PC games to AAA publishers, browser-based games, Android games, music downloads, stand-up comedy videos, eBooks and more . What it has never included until now is console and handheld games.
That changes with today’s announcement of The Humble Nindie Bundle, which offers download codes for $88 worth of Wii U and 3DS games under a pay-what-you-want pricing structure (though there’s a $1 minimum, and the most games have a higher minimum eligibility). These are the games currently on offer, with more promised to be added “soon”.
- Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U)
- Wow Dave! (3DS)
- Powerful switching power (3DS)
- Stealth Inc 2 (Wii U) (pay more than $10)
- Steamworld excavation (Wii U/3DS) (pay more than $10)
- The fall (Wii U) (pay more than the current average)
- Olli Olli (Wii U/3DS) (pay more than the current average)
- Moon Chronicles (3DS)(pay more than the current average)
Due to Nintendo’s regional restrictions on console games, the offer is only available to players in certain countries in North, Central and South America. The bundle is available until June 9 at 11am Pacific.
Does this mean Humble Bundles will be coming to other consoles in the future? There is always a chance. “Historically, we’ve found that we don’t just do one bundle on a new platform and then stop,” Humble Bundle co-founder John Graham told Polygon. “If you look at Android apps and eBooks, we’re still doing those. I hope this is the start of something.”